Status
Not open for further replies.

99rm125

Jul 17, 2003
just got a 99ktm200exc. Never had a ktm before dont know much about them. Just needing to know the crankcase oil to use, and what oil to use in the gas. The dealer said mx2t which i used in my rm and golden spectro gum up the powervalves. he told me to use champion WP2 in the gas. And silkolene med. weight in the crankcase. My local dealer carries neither of these oils. Also what ratios i should run at the preffered oils. The guy before ran WP2 at 14oz./5gals(if you know what ratio that is tell me?) Just give me what you think is best for both oils, and ratios, you think is right for the bike. Also how often do you change in a ktm.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Back when I had my KTM I used Belray synthetic, (hadn't learned about MX2T yet) but now I use MX2T in my Husky and my son's Yamaha,, and can't beleive it would be bad for a KTM.. Both bikes have been rejetted, but spooge very little and do not foul plugs. And no matter what you use you will have to clean the power valves eventually.

SmokinRZ

Feb 26, 2002
My friend has a 98 200 exc and another one gets a new 300 exc every two years. Both run Motul at 32:1 which I believe is pretty close to pint /4gal. They both get the dreaded KTM drool out the back of the pipe, but the local dealer warned against jetting leaner. I have only heard raves about Motul. I used to use that WP oil when it was called Dura Lube (not to be confused with the junk on TV) as it was the recomended oil by KTM years ago. It burned clean and I could buy it cheap by the gallon. I rode XR's for a while and then switched to Mobil M2T for my KX since it was synthetic and available at Auto Zone for cheap. While everyone says it burns clean I have heard of instances of excessive crank wear wear but I find that hard to believe at a 32:1 mixture.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
your fav. brand on 10w-40 will work fine and also golden spectro gold
at 42-1 works great dose not gum up the power valves as long as your
jetting is correct incorrect jetting any brand will gum up the power valves

DurtJunkee

Mar 18, 2002
motul 800 50:1...clean engine no wear whatsoever after 3 top-end rebuilds on my 2001 250exc. 50:1 is plenty rich when jetted correctly. you'll still get a little spooge with the stock s/a silencer, but switch to a FMF powercore (if you have the option of deleting your s/a) and the spooget goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom