nexus

Oct 18, 2004
Hey again im still kickin around looking for my new bike, i started reading about some ktms and they sounds really awesome (with the exception of the '03 and earlier suspension). anyway i found a new '04 200SX for around 6000$ (CAN) since im not too familiar with the brand and their pricing can someone tell me if this is a good deal. I posted earlier and gave my height weight and all that (6' 155lbs intermediate rider getting into racing) and it seemed that everyone suggested a yz250. however i have riden and raced to some extent both a 125 and 250. i felt the 250 was too big and really hard to handle compared to the smaller, lighter, more agile 125 and i had the death-grip just trying to stay on the 250. so due to the 125-like size and weight of the ktm 200 i figured it would be just what i was looking for. does anyone have any other suggestions or comments. Thanks
- nex

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I know two guys that raced that bike and loved them. I never got a chance to put some laps in on one but I was seriously looking at one earlier this year before I decided to get a 250. That price seems decent, our local dealer was selling a leftover 03 demo for $5300 earlier this season.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
It's probably what your looking for 125 style handling/weight with more like 250 style power. I might in the spring pick up an '05 125SX and turn it into a 200SX. I'm racing more age classes with open CC's now days so I'm starting to really notice the lack of power in my 125's. I think stock the 200 is making around 41hp, most 250's make around 43-46 on avg. The 200 is fun cause even though you don't have the total power of a 250. The lighter bike handling flickablity makes up for it, you ride it more like a 125. Since you sorta have to scream it, it gives you that i'm going fast feeling. I got to ride an '03 which was stock. I had no real complaints with the bike it just felt wierd cause I had been racing a '02 YZ then. I say if you can get a good deal on it go for it, just don't do what this one guy did who had one and put 125SX stickers on the airbox :)

Top Bottom