monca250

Nov 9, 2005
Hey guys, first of all let me brief you on my situation, i live at 8600 feet where complete power is simply impossible, i started racing on my kx 125 2003 but know im a little bit tired of the lack of power, im only missing a few feet on the jumps, so i want to know what the propper bike would be.

my height is 5ft 8in
weight 221 pnds

already racing, for 1 year, i become really agressive.

why not an easy desition on the 250 2 sroke?
well i rode the ktm (only dealer in town) 250 sx and was a bit tricky to handle on big air jumps, also sx tracks here and mx tracks are both flat, no big uphills or downhills to take great advantage on the speed, so 250 sxf is more maneuverable but 250 sx has lots of power to spare.

Thanks for your time

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
At 221lbs, you're asking alot of a 125/250F. Coming off of a 125, you'll have to learn throttle controll with the 250sx. On a 125, you just pin-it and go. On a 250, you have to be more carefull with the throttle hand. I'd say go with the 250sx if you like the 2-stroke power deliverey and less maintinence. The 250SXF is going to be just as much, if not more, maintinence that the 125 that you have now.

monca250

Nov 9, 2005
Thank you,

Well your answer was very helpfull, any way the mainteinance is not big problem because i have great help from very 2 and 4 stroke experienced riders, but can you tell me if the 250 sxf will at least have a little bit of added power compared to my 125?? i just need a little more to get through the big triples, because i have had hard landings on the tip of the receiver with full third gear throttle at the start.

Top Bottom