Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
My son has been racing HS in the South East. SORCS and going SETRA as soon as we get this KTM thing running. He's been riding a KXF250.

We managed to get 2 blown SXF250's. :whoa: An '06, all there, and an '07, missing head, jug, air box, subframe and plastics. We're building the 2 blown bikes back as one.

I know the '07 frame is the ticket, but it's missing a lot of stuff. So we'll go with the '06 frame for now.

For the motor, I'm wondering, which parts to use on the rebuild? Most of the motor seems the same. The cams from '06 to '07/08 show as different.

What about carbs? '07 carb, or '06? What's the deal with "leak" jets? What does a "leak jet" do? Do I want one or not? What other carb mods are recommended?

Swingarm? The '07 looks stronger. Does anyone know if the swingarm geometry will interchange on the '06 chassis? Or will the swingarm change screw the chassis geometry up?

Shocks? They are the same length, but what is difference? Spring rates? Valving?

Big bore / stroker is out of the question. We want to run 250, not Open class.

I know it's a lot of questions, but thought it better to ask all at once rather than to spam the forum with individual posts.

Rotor

Top Bottom