garytedeschi

May 10, 2008
just bought a 95 KTM 300. It starts up ok, but bogs down when I throttle up. I have tried adusting the carb with no solid results. I cleaned the carb real good, and noticed my exhaust has a small leak which I can fix no problem. What else can I do?

garytedeschi

May 10, 2008
no, not familiar with 2 stroke, yet...i'm learning as I go. My guess is the reeds have never been replaced and I know the bike was not well maintained, although its in decent shape.

Would the reed valves cause this? If it helps, the original owner used to run a 5:1 ration of gas:oil!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
5:1 :yikes: I would start by cleaning the power valve and exhaust. Pull the silencer apart and repack. That thing should be dripping oil out of everywhere. He must have bought oil by the gallon! :rotfl:

garytedeschi

May 10, 2008
funny you said that, it was dripping oil...re-packed it yesterday...never done it before, but that thing was sopped in oil...gonna start it up today (waiting for silicone to cure)

garytedeschi

May 10, 2008
worked

cleaning the exhaust alone worked! No more bogging...ive got a high idling issue, but I think that has to do with the throttle cable. Thanks for the help

Top Bottom