OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
Hello guys, I am currently riding an 02 KX250 and i rode a harescrambles course that was really tight, my bike was unhappy. I liked the course alot, but now my question. I don't want to give up the occasional mx race but I would also like to trail ride. Do any of you ride/race trails and use your 300 for mx also? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
The 300 is affectionately know as a "3 stroke" because of it's super smooth power delivery, and 4-stroke like chugability. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a 300xc and using it for MX myself. Some porting and head mods, and a 450 would never touch that thing.

Tdel

Mar 1, 2004
I have a 05 300mxc that I use for both MX and Hare scrambles and its perfect if you can have only one bike. I have my own Practice track with a couple of doubles a 6 pack a 60 foot table top and a 40 foot table top. On my buddies 03 yz 250, I am about a second faster but on the trails the yz is slow compared to the MXC. So, yes the 300 MXC/XC can do both but there is a slight draw back on the track, I would recommend getting the SX tank for the track and an aftermarket silencer to reduce weight.

Top Bottom