Big Pappa

Jun 9, 2008
Is there a MX Class that the KTM 300 is legal for? This is one of the bikes I am looking at buying. I will ride mostly trails/ Harescrambles but I would also like to have the ability to race on the track as well. :boss:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Where do you live? How old are you?

In most areas, there are age restricted classes (30 - 39; 40 - 49, 50+ for example) where your 300 would be legal to race MX.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Exactly. Many magazines have taken the 300 and converted it to what they called the ultimate Vet MX'er. If that's what you want to do, you should probably look at getting one with the close ratio tranny instead of the wide ratio (M/XC or XC instead of E/XC or XC-W), which also gives you a firmer suspension.

That said, I sure prefer my wide ratio tranny for trails, hillclimbs, etc. along with the plusher E/XC suspension. So I guess it depends on a realistic assessment of the mix of trails to tracks you're planning on.

Big Pappa

Jun 9, 2008
Thanks for the response guys. I posted over in the What Bike Forum (Titled: Another What Bike Thread) but, have not gotten any response.

I am in Birmingham, Al. and am 30 years old. I would say an 80/ 20 mix of Trails/ track. I have a Job, family and responsibility so I am not looking to go out and go BIG on the track or anything like that. Just looking to cut up and have fun!!! :cool: I just did not want to get a bike that limited my options as to what I could do.

Kris

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom