yammieman

Jan 5, 2013
hi there. i think i have a slight problem with my battery or charging system.
the bike starts and now runs fine via kick start, however, when i goto start the battery the next day using the electric starter, it doesn't seem to start very often and sounds like a low battery and then dies. Once I use a battery charger on it(sometimes the charger already says it's fully charged as soon as i connect it) OR once ive had the bike running for a bit via kick starting it, only then does it seem to start fine using the e-start but only up to a few hours until I have to use the battery charger again. Is this more likely to be just a bad battery??...or could it be a regulator/rectifier problem?
Everything else is fine, lights work, horn works, bike idles and runs, i just can't seem to use the e-start very often.

When i tested the battery the other day with a multimeter, it was reading 11.4V.

brosebrock08

Apr 27, 2013
Same Problem

I just bought on 04 450 exc and the electric starter wouldnt work at all. So i took it back to where I bought it and they did something to make the e starter work but 4 hours after riding and Im back to hearing it sound like it wants to start and then the battery draining to where all I hear is the relay clicking. Its getting pretty frustrating so I if you figure out your problem please share what you did.

Top Bottom