KTM 50 Mini Adventure shuts off

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
I just bought the little one a KTM 50 Mini Adventure. The thing will start up fine, but when I twist the throttle open it shuts off. The thing is brand new. It actually didn't do this until it warmed up. It will do it with or without the choke on. Anyone know anything about these?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I had the same experience

Believe it or not my problem was the fuel line. Even though I had it back to the dealer several times it never acted up for them.

I finaly got frustrated and looked at everything I could think of, that's when I noticed the fuel line was so long that it went up real high and made a loop back to the carb. It would get up above the fuel level in the tank and trap air or just didn't have enough pressure to allow fuel to flow.
I cut off about an inch and never had another problem.

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Thanks ! I checked the main jet and it is a "70". This is a 2001 KTM 50 jr Adventure with I believe the Mikuni VM14-117 Carburetor. If this is correct, shouldn't the stock jet be a "90" ?
I also noticed the fuel line being a bit long and shortened it 1 inch as well, thanks for that tip as well.

dstktmusa

Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by MrMXer327
I checked the main jet and it is a "70". This is a 2001 KTM 50 jr Adventure with I believe the Mikuni VM14-117 Carburetor. If this is correct, shouldn't the stock jet be a "90" ?

KTM sent 2 bulletins about jetting your Jr. Adv. and that is why most/some/all of us pay the $80-100 "set up charges" :think that dealer get us on when we buy our bikes new. Have your dealer reimburse you for the price of the main jet.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
AND some labor charge.:D

Top Bottom