Greek kattom

Jul 24, 2001
Hi from Greece!

First of all I woyld like to say how sorry we all are for your victims of the World Trade Center tragedy.Living in a geographical area with a grate history of wars all I can say is that this acts have to come to an end,my best wishes to the famillies of the victims and our prayer for not seeing something like this happening again.We also live in agony because many Greeks lived and worked there and we also have our cassualties.Please stay calm in order to avoid a great world conflict!Our wishes for a recovery from this tragedy...... :(

I know it' s not the best time but I woyld like to ask some Questions (again) regarding my 520.
I want to know if there have been any reliability problems for this bike and if someone can recomend a setup for my bike.I am 115 Kgr and I ride hard and aggresive in enduros and some woods racing.
As for the curb what is the best setting?

Thank' s for your time and information:)

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Thanks for the support during our national tragedy.

Can you be a bit more specific about what information you're looking for? Suspension setup or protective guards or gearing or ....?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'curb'? Do you mean street use?

Last edited:

Anssi

May 20, 2001
I'll get a -02 520 SX about three weeks from now. I'll be sure to post about how the bike feels. I'm quite certain that I will need at least stiffer springs, even though I'm only 92 kg. Of course I ride MX and not enduro, but I don't see anybody weighing in at 115 kg to have the stock springs work properly.

Curb is probably carb, as in jetting? I will try and get a used dual-sport tire and get the bike dynoed and jetted, so we'll see.

Greek kattom

Jul 24, 2001
I feel really stupid!What I meant was Jetting and Suspension settings..........Forgive me, I have been working all day yesterday and because of the terrorist acts and all I am out of my mind.........................
Please give me some information about the suspension settings someone has allready tried and info about jetting properly my bike!Forgive me about my English but I havent written any for a while!
Are there any other Greeks using the site?Please contact me.
Additionall info about suspension settings: Height 1.85cm, very strong body,really good shape and agrresive riding.:o

marktm520

Mar 22, 2001
Jetting

I have a 2001 KTM 520 MXC and I tried the jetting recommendations given by James Dean. I went with a OCEMN needle, third position from top, and a 160 main jet. It now runs great, off idle hesitation is gone and it pulls strong. I ride at sea level, current temp. is upper 70's to mid 90's. I recently went to Colorado, I did not change the jetting, and the bike ran great. I was riding from 7000 feet to 12,700 feet, 50 to 70 degrees. When the temp goes down here in winter, I will probably change to a 162 main jet for the colder temp.
I got the needle from Carb Parts Warehouse, Sudco may also have them.

azcourt

Apr 29, 2001
A 160 main at sea level. My 520 EXC came with a 175 main stock. Are they really that rich from the factory? I ran a 165 this weekend in New Mexico at 8500' and thought it was great.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I haven't heard what springs come stock on the 02's but I'd bet it's the same as the 01's. 01's had a PDS2 in back and .42's up front. I weigh 205lbs in street clothes and went to a PDS3 in back and .46's up front. The suspension is just great, now. Soaks up everything but stays firmly in contact with the ground. And even on larger jump landings, it doesn't bottom.

marktm520

Mar 22, 2001
AZCOURT, the OCEMN needle compensates for the 160 main jet. Stock, it felt rich, burbled off idle. When I went with the OCEMN needle and 160 main, it cleared everything up and it runs much better. If you go to Holeshot racing website,www.ktm-racetech.com, and do a search for James Dean, you will get alot of info on this subject. I have not been able to access dirtrider.net for awhile, I don't know if James Dean has been here passing out info. Also try www.thumpertalk.com

Top Bottom