anthonysimo

Nov 18, 2005
I am currently looking at buying a KTM 525 EXC or a Husaberg 650. Both are not easy to get demo rides on so I would welcome any comments particularly from anybody lucky enough to have spent time on both.
Thanks in advance.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Both are great bikes! What are your plans Woods riding dual sporting? The 650 will make you hang on big time and it felt lighter in the woods to me.

anthonysimo

Nov 18, 2005
Most of the riding I used to do was open fast fire trails but recently slower single track enduro style riding has been the norm. I find the XR650 great for the faster fire trails but I'm not 25 and was looking for lighter total weight, electric start and a better fuel range (the extra tank available on the Bergs is a bouns). Most mates ride WR450's which are good but current AUS model is steel frame and I think this will change to alloy for 2007 like current YZ (dropping value of steel framed bikes) and KTM's. The 450 EXC I loooked at but I have always liked less revs more torque so for the few extra dollars I think the 525 would be prefered.

Top Bottom