Slorider

Mar 30, 2005
I would like to rebuild the shock on my sons '04 65sx, although have not been able to find any information or replacement parts for it. I was able to find a replacement for the allen bolt to recharge the shock made my Race Tech, but that's about it. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to rebuild this shock or a source for parts?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
They are a bit of a pain in the but to work on, the seal head assembly is actually screwed down by the collor thats also the dust cover.Like you said the nitrogen recharging is also a pain on this model,you also have to set the nitrogen separating piston height, i would take it to a shop and let them have the hassle, unless you are going to do it often its not worth it.

Slorider

Mar 30, 2005
marcusgunby said:
They are a bit of a pain in the but to work on, the seal head assembly is actually screwed down by the collor thats also the dust cover.Like you said the nitrogen recharging is also a pain on this model,you also have to set the nitrogen separating piston height, i would take it to a shop and let them have the hassle, unless you are going to do it often its not worth it.

I'm always up for a challenge, although some of the time I sure regret it :laugh: Since my son is riding several times a week and racing on a regular basis, the shock has to be serviced a few times a year and with racing two bikes it sure adds up. If I could change the fluid and nitrogen myself I could save a bunch of $$$, all while learning something new :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom