bdd

Jun 10, 2003
I'm looking for people's thoughts on the almost ubiquitously offered bladder conversion kits for KTM's. Has anyone out there installed a bladder kit by itself (ie, without revalving at the same time) and noticed a difference?

It appears that the main claim to fame of these kits is improved small bump compliance. I ride in the woods of New England, so this improved small bump compliance would be a beautiful thing for me. However, most companies that sell them also try to package them with revalving, which leads me to believe that they're just being a little opportunistic when it comes to making a few extra $$$. The real test of this would be i any of you intrepid folks out there have tried JUST the bladder kit with no other modifications and ridden the bike (or better yet, dyno'd the shock).

I have noticed that Race Tech only claims that their bladder improves servicability, which is nice since you don't need the charging stand.

Thoughts????

Any thoughts

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
It doesnt make it asorb bumps better, if it feels different after fitting its due to fresh oil or air in the shock, not the bladder.I have tested back to back and it doesnt make any real difference which system you use, most people who have the bladder, have a revalve at the same time and put the change down to the bladder-never understood why??

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
''fresh air in the shock" Marcus how dare you...lol.
It's a very divided topic, some like it and some don't..as long as you use plenty of lube...woops, wrong forum

rideright

Sep 26, 2002
I have tested back to back and feel it does provide a better small bump ride.

Yes service is also easier, but it is also easy to drill and tap and install a schrader (spell??) valve stem if someone was so inclined to do so.

The main issue is, each of our butts or legs are all calibrated differently, LOL

Example -- I have had two different riders test the same bike back to back. Each ride rode A class and both weighted within 3 lbs and one guy loved the bike, the other wanted stiffer, so go figure??

Top Bottom