JD

Mar 12, 2000
Has anyone ever converted an SX tranny to a EXC tranny? If so, what kind of parts do you need and how much $$ did you sink into it? The bike I want to convert is a '98 380SX.

Thanks

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Sell & Buy is my advice. Get a '99 EXC. There are a number of reasons why this makes sense. The 99's were better bikes overall. Unless you are just bored, you will have quite a job on your hands.

RoadRunner

Oct 17, 1999
I think you would need 3rd, 4th, 5th gears to do it. (this is just by gazing at a 2001 fiche mind you). The gears are about $100 per each. So $300, plus either a ton of labor, or a ton of work. I would personally have someone pull the flywheel and do the rest at home if you are mechanically inclined and have a manual or fiche. I doubt it's worth it to most people, but it's your bike and if you can DIY, it shouldn't be terribly expensive.

JD

Mar 12, 2000
I can do the work myself, so it would just be the parts cost. I would do it when doing the piston and/or the cylinder decompression hole, while it was torn down. Maybe I am just bored, it rains alot in Oregon.

Top Bottom