KTM clutch lever - aftermarket?

motodude

Oct 3, 2000
IF your clutch is a hydraulic unit, Enduro Engineering has one for about $40. Better than the stocker, and supposed to be a lighter pull.

01 KTM400EXC
01 TT-R125L
02 TT-R90

motodude

Oct 3, 2000
IF your clutch is a hydraulic unit, Enduro Engineering has one for about $40. Better than the stocker, and supposed to be a lighter pull. Also, you can try cyclezonektm.com
holeshotktm.com

01 KTM400EXC
01 TT-R125L
02 TT-R90

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
$40 is still pretty pricey for a lever!

Flander's shows a "forged LVR hyd cltch ktm" pn 363-69564 for 14.90. I'm going to see if I can find one and I'll report back on fit and finish.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Wild Hare, check your e-mails. I sent you the name & phone number of the place that I got my lever at. Mine only cost $7.90 plus .59 tax...total $8.49. I don't know why your aftermarket Flander is going to cost you $14.90, although it is still better than $70.00. :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
So what do you think of the e-rider one? I wish SOMEBODY like the company I WORK FOR (hint hint) would make a 2-finger lever that's more curved like some of the ones for Jap bikes. The E-rider one doesn't look any more curved than mine though. I have the EE lever, no complaints. I've heard rumors they can make your master cylinder wear out because it pushes on it at a different angle but I've also heard that's hogwash.

SlowJack

Jul 27, 2000
No, not hogwash, 'Cracker. Extremely high failure rate from easy-pull levers because of the angular attack which will eventually grind away the inside edge of your master cylinder. I'm not trashing Enduro Engineering... I have several EE pieces on my 400exc, but the only way to make the easy-pull is to move the pivot point which alters the angle of approach. Not good. On the other hand, Magura master cylinders have a noticeably high rate of failure anyway... and they are expensive to replace. Mine's leaking right now and I shudder to think that I may have to replace it.

As for easy-to-get aftermarket levers, try Moose or MSR.

Slow Jack

motodude

Oct 3, 2000
I also like EE parts, but I was not impressed with the lever.The angle of approach is too steep, and the shorty lever does not seem to make it any easier to pull. I pressed out the pivot bearing, drilled out my stock lever and pressed in the bearing into the stocker.

motodude
2001 400EXC
2001 TT-R125L
2002 TT-R90

Mudrider

Aug 29, 2000
I have had the EE lever on my bike for a year and a half with no problems.
The light clutch pull is well worth the $40. cost of the lever.

Top Bottom