KTM Compression Adjuster question

bdd

Jun 10, 2003
Hello all.

I do some suspension work (mostly just oil changes, etc.) for a group of guys that I ride with. One recently bought me the shock off of his unridden 2003 KTM 200EXC. He had been unwittingly reading the portion of the manual for the 200SX and went to adjust his high-speed compression circuit. Unfortunately, the EXC only has a low speed adjuster, so you can probably all guess what happened next – a face full of oil. At least it was clean.

Anyhow, I received the shock along with a bag of parts that came out of the adjuster. The bag includes two washers (one flat, one with a round edge), a coil spring, and a little ball. Since I did not take it apart and the parts manual only has a picture of the complete unit, I do not know the order that these parts go back in. Can anyone out there help me out? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

terry hay

Nov 8, 2003
BDD
I have not tried to remove one of these adjusters as I haven't needed to. I have one in the workshop at the moment I will post tomorrow with the details if you still need them.
Terry

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
BDD: Ill look for a schematic or blowup to send you . I take these apart quite often to clean and inspect, also on older years we were opening up the passages in the adjuster body and on the newer ones changing the stack a bit altogether as its a bit too demanding and with a little tweaking finding good results for off road .I feel its very important to properly clean out this assy in a regular service So it always comes out on every service and were bleeding the shock through this port.Funny about trying to adjust it though , actually hes real lucky he didnt get oil juiced in the eye. Ive seen fellows try to adjust the Showa H/S and turn them out so far the mech comes apart inside, comes unthreaded ,Shock kinda blows right through travel. Gotta go now Bart Simpson is on .

Top Bottom