KTM EXC 2001 suspension settings

cloverdale

Mar 4, 2000
My buddy kept saying he realy needed a steering dampner for his EXC 250. I rode it and agreed it had a lot of head shake when slowing down from high speeds. I think he may have his suspension set-up incorectly ...it should not have been that bad!
Can you pass on what works for you (compete settings/spring rates front and rear). The rider is 180lbs. intermediate hare scrambles rider.
Thanks in advance for your help!

OrangeCrush

Feb 25, 2002
Hmmm

It's a brand new bike yes? Is anything funky up front, a bent front rotor or loose steering head? I assume the basics were checked first?? I can't imagine why it would shake so much during braking only? or just decel in general? I can offer no real suspension settings, the book says so much, I went that route about 10 clicks backs from full on compression and so forth. Basically I went with what the KTM book considers the "hard" setting. I have no shake that I consider worth noting.......... So that's why I ask did he get a bent front rotor or is something loose up front??

Please let me know what you find for future reference, sorry I couldnt be of more help :think

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
The forks are in major need of a re-valve. The difference is astounding.

MX-Tech has WP suspension figured-out. I rec them highly.

Top Bottom