dalaymond

Nov 27, 2003
I am looking at the following bikes. The are listed by year and model, overall condition, and price:

1999 KTM EXC 250 - excellent - $2500.
1999 GasGas EC 250 - Good - $2200.
1999 GasGas EC 250 - Excellent - $2800.
1998 GasGas EC 250 - Excellent - $2350.
1998 GasGas EC 250 - Good - $1900.
1998 Husky WR 250 - Excellent - $1500.

If you were in this dilema what would you do. Does the KTM and Husky have the bottom torque and smooth power delivery I've heard that the GasGas enduro's have. Could I get parts for the Husky. Are they all generally reliable. I want to ride as a C-Sr rider in a few enduro's. Thanks!

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
GAS GAS!!! pick a Gas Gas!!! seriously you have quite a choice on your hands.I ride a EC 300-that's the best bike I have ever been on. If you want smooth tractable easy to ride power go with th GG's. But also keep in mind that you will have to buy parts/get service etc for any bike that you get. So think hard about which bike will be easier to keep maintained in your area. smackover motorsports sound like they are a "killer" GG dealer in ark. Good Luck.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I had a 99 husky WR250. Well made bike. Had some issue's on the jetting. Getting hard parts was'nt to bad but not much in the aftermarket.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Hey, for the price of a new truck, buy them all!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
And I would buy the KTM, HANDS DOWN! I say that because around here (West Michigan) the KTM dealers are FANTASTIC and ANY broken parts are readily available - for me this is VITAL (bikes seem to break when I ride 'em). There is NOTHING worse then needing parts and having to wait (I had a 2000 VOR 400MX that I waited over a YEAR to get sprockets for - they were suppose to be hand carried by the USA factory rep to Califorina then shipped to me within 45 days - IT TOOK 13 MONTHS and I am SERIOUS!!))
Yea, out of the choices supplied - KTM for sure!!!
Sheez, now what are you gonna do - you have a vote for all three brands :) :) and the dilema continues......
Woodsy

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
No doubt - Gasser is the best! Out handles, much better suspended and durable as a pair of Levi's! :thumb:

Woodsy - Sorry to hear about the VOR, after owning 4 of them parts have been easy for me to get. It is a pain when parts avail. is bad!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
You got that right Enduronut.. I called VOR in California when the ONLY VOR dealer at the time in our area was not going to be able to help because he was going out of town for a 1 1/2 months racing his ATK. VOR California said I HAD to work thru a dealer and sent me to a shop in Colorado (was suppose to be the best of the best). The shop in Colorado didnt have the sprocks in stock so they recalled VOR California and asked how quickly they could get them for me. Now remember, all this time Woodsy is riding his OLD XR250 while his 6 month old VOR is waiting for an item that has a VERY high turn over (we are talking sprockets).. To make a long story short, my advice to ANY one that is serious about the 'NEED" to ride (unless you can afford a couple bikes so you can have a parts bike) is to stay "mainstream".....
WIth ALL the GREAT machines out there to be had, there is no reason not to.
Woodsy

Top Bottom