oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Mike Alessi gets in trouble with AMA for his behaviour on the track now in practice he and his teammate cant even practice together. I know when you have top flight athletes together there are bound to be issues but it seems this kid just attracts them. I hope he doesn't burn himself up before he can use his real riding skills to prove me wrong
I am sure there are definately 2 sides to this story but why is Mikey always in the middle of the problems

From Racer X.
More from Ping: There was drama at the KTM test track this week during a routine test session. Mike Alessi and Josh Hansen were both testing and preparing for the upcoming SX season. According to Hansen, Alessi was "being cocky" by looking over at him off the triples. The tension came to a head later that day as the two were practicing starts together. Here’s Josh’s side of the story; I’m sure Mike has a different opinion:

"We kept practicing starts, and I think he was mad because I kept beating him to the first turn. He would come into the first corner and run into the back of me. He kept doing it. Then he brake-checked me one time when he got a better start than me. It was so stupid, because we’re on the same team and we were just practicing. So after he brake-checked me, I came flying into the turn and nailed him. We almost got in a fight right there. The mechanics jumped in to make sure nothing happened, so I was over it. I started riding laps again and he came flying into me and took me out in a corner. I got up and chased him down and blew him off the track in the same turn. I had to just load up and leave or I was going to end up throwing blows with him and his dad."

Maybe they should hire Dr Phil to manage the team

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I am sure that hansen is completely blameless, he has a clean history. :moon:

It sounds like hansen is trying to convince us that he has real cool head. is it me or does he seem to always be the victim. :ahhh:

I don't even need to comment on alessi. :yikes:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
They deserve each other.

bpositive

Jul 11, 2005
IT sounds like "competition" ya know that force that drives us all to want to win. who cares if it's practice .....

Practice hard race hard

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
bpositive said:
IT sounds like "competition" ya know that force that drives us all to want to win. who cares if it's practice .....

Practice hard race hard

oh right just like the competition that make you stand on top of a fallen competitors front wheel.

or maybe competition that leads you to breaking your teamates leg or ankle.

yep that sounds like good practice alright. :nener:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
bpositive said:

Practice hard race hard
A good hard spirited practice is great and what creates winners but a devisive hostile enviroment will not. I agree Hansen is not the cool headed type either but those 2 together will make for interesting team meetings in the trailer at the races :nod:

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I think deep down they both secretly like each other. why else would you play bumper cars? that was always fun to do on dates.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I dont remember Alessi gettin too mad about when Langston was racin hard and took him out on the first lap.. Hansen may get a lil upset if Mike makes SX interesting :)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
So what have we to look forward to when RC retires to fill his shoes...
A talented head case with anxioty attacks.
A dirty rider with an ego problem.
A Hot headed rider with the same ego issue.....sounds like we have an issue with the up & commers from the USA programs.

Out of these three? I still pick the talented one. Wish JBS could get back to keep the "ego's" in check.

Maybe its a good time for some new blood from overseas.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
weimedog said:
So what have we to look forward to when RC retires to fill his shoes...
Townley
Villapoto
Stewart
Hepler
Short
Alessi (Jeff and Mike)
Weimer
Millsaps (SX at least)

And a couple guys that aren't old, just experienced:

Langston & Reed

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Townley is fast and may podium a couple times this season but to say his MXDN results make him a favorite in SX this season is stretching it abit. The differance in track setups between a Euro MX track and a USA SX track are so opposite extreme that he has a bit of a learning curve ahead of him this season
Outdoors for the MX nationals tho I would give him better odds :aj:

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
oldguy said:
Townley is fast and may podium a couple times this season but to say his MXDN results make him a favorite in SX this season is stretching it abit. The differance in track setups between a Euro MX track and a USA SX track are so opposite extreme that he has a bit of a learning curve ahead of him this season
Outdoors for the MX nationals tho I would give him better odds :aj:

Yeah yeah, plenty of people didn't expect Reed to kick ass in the 125 class either when came over from his ride in Europe. Didn't he win 6 of the 7 races in his first season?

Besides, i'm not going just on his MXDN results. The guy is good and I think he will show it. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom