Jul 12, 2004
My '03 KTM 300 EX/C leaks the hydraulic fluid into the transmission. I heard that it was likely that the slave cylinder piston's O-Ring probably needs replaced. I checked at the dealer and they don't sell the O-Ring by itself-- only with the~$92 piston :ohmy: They do sell the one that seals the slave cylinder against the cases though. I also checked the inside of the slave cylinder too, and there was a small nick that I buffed out with some 0000 steel wool (not sure if that will fix it or not, but I'll try it and a $.69 O-Ring first instead of a new $135 slave cylinder!!!

My question is-- does any body know where I can get the replacement O-Ring for the slave cylinder? The $92 piston is fine, so can't see paying that much just for a stupid O-Ring. I found some O-Ring places online but I'm not sure about the exact dimensions nor the material its made out of.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yup I know where you can get the O-rings by themselves. For some weird reason I've known a couple of people just recently that had that same o-ring problem. I bought 4-5 of the o-rings and carry 1 with me now.

Send me an e-mail and I'll tell you where to get them (not sure if it'd be kosher to post it here).

drnspode@charter.net

Top Bottom