KTM making waves in Hangtown..............

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Langston is the real deal.....Its early yet but he is one talented rider He was the favorite going in and deservingly so. And how bout the rest of the team, 3 riders in the top 5 and Langston leading the points race.

Dowd is doing pretty well considering he was out with injuries and surgery...........

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
How about Kawasaki's Bobby Bonds? 2nd in the first moto and holding off Langston for most of the second moto, with lap times that were 6 seconds better than some former factory riders.

PTCruiser

Aug 25, 2000
Cyclenews said Bobby got hurt in his tussle with Langston.I hope that's not the case. That would be a real bummer 'cause he was just getting his chance to shine!

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I heard that Bonds may have a broken rib. That would be a shame, it sounds as though he put in a great ride. Hopefully he can get back soon and prove to not be a one hit wonder. He definitely showed the promisse that everyone saw in him last year at contract time.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Yep, I was there and I can tell you that Langston can fly. He seemed to charge harder through the entire course than anyone else. I think Travis might have his hands full this year.

I saw the Bonds slow-down, but it was pretty far away from me. It looked like Bonds went for the inside line on a left turn and Langston shut the door on him. I do remember seeing Bonds slide way up to the front end of his bike, so it's possible he did some damage to his ribs. He was having no trouble keeping up with Langston and it was great watching him try and set up a couple of passes. He definitely wasn't afraid of Langston.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Women's race

The women's race started at about noon. I can't remember the name of the girl who won, but she was on a KTM and she was fast. She finished with an almost 2 minute lead over the second place finisher.

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Her name is Stefanie Laire, she's 15 years old (I think) and she's from Germany where she rides with the guys. There is no womans class for her to ride in there. KTM was impressed with her ability and is talking about bringing her back to the U.S. for other races. :cool: You can read more about her in the womens forum.

Top Bottom