May 10, 2007
ok im looking at my next bike and am torn between the crf250r and the SX-F 250

i have always riden honda and really like the bikes but i have heard good things about KTM and have heard that their stock silencers are good but are they good on their mx bikes??

can anyone give me some pro's and cons of each.

kurt15

May 22, 2006
i hear KTM's come from the factory pretty much all done up. The crf is a solid bike, but if you can afford it and have a place to access parts and maintenance easily for it, i'd say ride the pumpkin! They sure are purrty.

jssport

Feb 20, 2003
How good of rider are you?

Will you be riding at a race speed or just plonking along the trail ?

..... according to the mags....

the KTM is pretty much race-ready and rewards aggresive riding, the Honda makes a much better trail bike.

Have you considered a used KTM 200 EXC ? perhaps the greatest woods weapon ever made, with none of the maintenance headaches of the four strokes.

May 10, 2007
im a pretty good rider

i can handle most technical trails but not the super crazy ones

and i have considered the 200 but my dad hates 2 strokes

he thinks they whine too much

personally i dont mind either maybe i can convice him

but is the current 200 anything like it i dont like used bikes cuz i have had some bad experiences (ie i got ripped off)

Last edited:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
KTM's are really well designed and proved to be very reliable in my local area. The air filter is very easy to access, bike comes with hydrolic clutch and black Excel rims. Some don't like the rear suspension (which is hooked directly to the swingarm: no linkage), but others love it. The one who sold to me the Honda CRF250R 2005 just bought a 2007 KTM SX-F and claims the bike has more power than the Honda. Hope this helps.

LBRaptor

Sep 25, 2006
i just bought a 200 xc-w brand new and i love it. i rode a wr 250 f before and the 200 is loads better. i find the wr and all the other 4 strokes i h ave ridden to be to to heavy and heavy in general. if you can find an xc 200 you are in g reat shape. they handle well and have loads of bottem end for a 2t of that size.

May 10, 2007
but i have heard it does nothing except cost more and adds a little balance

and ktm exhaust is supposed to be really quiet right??

also would i be able to race a 200

i race(casualy)and ride trails

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2007
flyingfuzzball, The KTM 250SX-F is extreamly loud in comparison to the Honda. You would be able to race a 200 but you might be underpowered in the 250 class. I would suggest a KTM300XC, because you could race in a openclass and the 300 is great for both track and trails. I would buy the XC not the XC-W because the XC-W has soft suspension and wide spread gears where the XC has the opposite of that.

Top Bottom