cinco in W MI

Mar 10, 2006
I want to find where I can buy a kickstand for a 97 KTM 250 exc. CHEAP preferred. I can not post in the FS section. I was hoping to find a used one if I could.

I have some serious spooge out of the exhaust and running down the back of the can. I keep reducing the ratio down but it has not let up yet. Is this common? Any luck switching to a full synthetic?

What is the correct jetting? I found an extra set of jets and needles in the tool kit and figured I would take it all apart and check to see what was in there, and maybe throw these in if they are correct.

I would like to find a tank bag that fits well, and works. Any suggestions?

Anybody go to KTMtalk? I tried to sign up there but it would not work. What a real PIA, you can not even read the pages without being signed up, and then you cant seem to sign up. werking wit wetards.....

Thanks is advance.

John

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey John - if you buy OEM, kickstand will be pricey if new. Aftermarket - check trailtech. Dunno, but do you have to be a "subscriber" to post in for sale section on DRN? KTM talk is restrictive like that, but i guess they do that so not so many spam robots can grab email addys. I think i saw a used stand for sale on KTM talk very recently - so it may be well worth the time to get signed up. OR try evil bay.

Spooge not likely due to oil type or ratio - likely jetting. I found with my old 97 the key was a straight taper needle (i forget what i had ended up with DDK? plus mess with clip position to start with, pilot jet to. Dont make the costly mistake I made and go to lean though! (90 miles into the Jackpine a few years ago my top end went! bummer) I will see if i kept any notes on my jetting set up and let you know. Huge improvements in power delivery can be had with good jetting. Do some searches here for jetting, as well as on KTM Talk - TONS of info in either place (consider a separate post here specific to the jetting topic actually).

Tank bag - cant say i have seen one on a dirt bike before. (street yes). You can try the fender mount bags, one that goes onthe front # plate, plus a drink pack with some storage room, and or a fanny pack.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I just checked on that stand over there - it is sold already. bummer eh?

cinco in W MI

Mar 10, 2006
Thanks for the info. I will look around and see what I can find on jetting. Our local shop that deals in KTM said "bring it in and we'll work on it and figure it out for ya",, Yeah right. They need a tent, its a total clown show over there.

I can not even read anything on KTM talk without being signed up, and cant seem to get that to work. I'll have to resort to **** and hopefully find one. Its nto the end of the world either way, just a convenience I would like to have.

I wanna get the water and maps off my back and was hoping to keep it right in front of me for quick reference. Plus, that way I dont break the plastic bottles open and get everything inside and myself all wet when I go sliding down the trail!

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Yes you have to be a subscriber to post in the for sale/wanted forum. Sorry, but that is the rules.

Mully

Top Bottom