NH KTM #313

Mar 11, 2001
SMASHED MINE UP TODAY

O1 - 125 EXC I WANT TO REPLACE IT WITH A PIPE THAT WILL GIVE ME A LITTLE MORE BOTTOM HIT

TOP IS NOT IMPORTANT

COMMENTS ?? I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY SHOOT OUTS IN ANY MAGS FOR KTM PIPES

vegli

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2001
Hi,

I have 5 pipes (2 different fmf's, dynojet, Doma, stock) for mine (200) and there is no question that the Doma is by far the best one that I have.

It has more power everywhere and I can ride it like a 300 if I want.

That is what I have found for a 200 anyway.

thanks

Vern

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
NH KTM...
Dirt Rider, Mar 01, tried three pipes and silencer combos on the 125.
They found the best combo that added a little bottom was the Pro Circuit pipe with the Factory Sound silencer. The claimed it had decent bottom with a bit less overrev than the FMF pipe combos they tried.

Maybe a sprocket change???

KTMDan

Mar 23, 2001
Vern,

Where did you get your Doma? Did you change your silencer, I have read that adding a 250 SX silencer really helps. What year is your bike?

Dan

oldschool

May 29, 2000
You can get Doma pipes from any savy KTM dealer... They are in the KTM hard parts book.Rumor has it that Doma pipes will soon be imported by a new distributor but he will still go through KTM dealers. He is pretty partial to KTMs since his son is destroying the 125 nationals at this time... They are the best pipe for KTMs, made my 380 rip even more...:cool:

vegli

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2001
Hi KTMDAN,

I got my Doma from Scott Gardiner at Domaracing.com , they are the UK importer and work the GP races with the factory.

I got the"system", the pipe and silencer. They had done a bunch of testing at the factory on silencers a few weeks before I bought my "system" and they found that the silencer from a 250 exc worked the best and that is what they sent me for my 200.

I also got the carbonfiber protector for the pipe.

It is byfar the best of the 5 pipes I have for my bike.

I too have heard that Langstons dad is going to bring Doma to the US.
As to the KTM dealer able to get you the pipe, they can only get them for the 125, 250.

I had to pay 199 pounds for the "System", that is about 300.00 with shipping.

thanks

Vern

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
oldschool,

The pipes in the KTM catalog are SPES pipes and not Doma as far as I know. KTM acts as a distributor for SPES.

oldschool

May 29, 2000
reon,
Doma makes SPES and RYNO pipes, The pipes in the new hard parts catalog are Doma. (as that is what the factory team uses now) Gerald Langston is importing Doma pipes to America now. (First shipment arrived on monday) They are very good pipes, the best for KTM...:cool:

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
oldschool,

You are 100% correct (I did some research). I was always under the impression that Doma & SPES are two different companies

But, why is it that "SPES™ is exclusively distributed in the USA by Villa Racing Products" and the rest of the world by KTM ? And why dont we hear the name DOMA ?.

Which spes pipe is actually the doma ?

Ivan K

May 23, 2001
any news about which is which ??

neverending story...

sorry for taking this old postings out from their grave...but that really makes me curious...

well....which DOMA-pipe is the SPES ? which SPES is the DOMA ??

im my (austrian) catalog is just ONE type of SPES-Pipe...is this one similar to the doma ??

Thx

oldschool

May 29, 2000
Gerald Langston told me that Doma manufactures pipe for spes, ryno,and shclecten (pardne the spelling) Just taking the man at his word.

The important part for me is the way the pipes work, The Doma and the Ryno pipes performance was about the same (Doma might have a little bit of an advantage) But the Domas fit was perfect and my ryno rubbed against my radiator hose. My stock pipe was good until it met a very unfriendly oak tree. :silly:

Mike-200

Aug 22, 2000
Do they make a thick pipe like a FMF grnarly? I really would like a new pipe, as my stocker is pretty beat up, but I need a thicker gauge pipe than the average MX pipe. The FMF would work, but it only adds bottom end power, and I really would prefer more top end. Just curious.

oldschool

May 29, 2000
hey Mike,

Not sure about the guage of the pipes. Ihave had some major problems with FMF pipes with the fit of the pipe. very one I've used or seen used has had to be modified in order to fit. head pipes did not line up and stinger sections did not meet up with the silencer. (II've had one and tried to install two others, three for three, I hope that all are not that wat) I would look into a doma and mount aprotector to it. I have a buddy who has had good luck with his 200 with a pro circut pipe:cool:

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Wonder Pipe?

Can I get one for my 2000 300 EXC? What can I expect performance-wise in comparison to my stock pipe? OK to use with the stock S/A? And where do I get ahold of a US seller of these pipes?

mcallister

Nov 12, 2008
Dont Toss Your Old Pipe

NH KTM #313 said:
SMASHED MINE UP TODAY

O1 - 125 EXC I WANT TO REPLACE IT WITH A PIPE THAT WILL GIVE ME A LITTLE MORE BOTTOM HIT

TOP IS NOT IMPORTANT

COMMENTS ?? I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY SHOOT OUTS IN ANY MAGS FOR KTM PIPES
Sen it to Motorcosspiperepair com they will repair any smashed or dented areas. They only charge $20 that way you have a spare and are never without a pipe.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
mcallister said:
Sen it to Motorcosspiperepair com they will repair any smashed or dented areas. They only charge $20 that way you have a spare and are never without a pipe.

It's been about 7.5 years since he posted, so chances are he got it fixed by now. :)

Top Bottom