pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
It looks on the heavy side, and imagine getting a bird in that radiator! But other than that oh, yeah, that is a sweet bike, and with KTMs rep you know it will keep those ponies coming!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Check the latest issue of Motorcyclist for a full write up on the new Duke using the LC8 engine. Pretty cool stuff coming from KTM ;)

MackMoto

Oct 26, 2003
Though I was really glad to see KTM give GP racing a go, and would love to see them jump into WSB racing. I don't know about this styling, I love the way my Duke II looks, and the ADV R is a trick looking bike me still, even after all this time. But the 950, and the new Duke 990! I'll wait until I see the Duke 990 in the flesh, but the pics gag me. The lastest RC8 didn't do anything for me visually, but I expect it will change as it becomes a reality.

RMrider

~SPONSOR~
Jun 18, 2001
This is a very big step for ktm as a company and I for one am very happy for them. Lets hope some form of this bike makes it to production.

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
Hmmm. Pretty impressive.

Have been MIA for too long - have missed this site, and your tasteful humor.

Aloooha,
TrailTramp

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
That's a pretty sweet ride there. I think we are going to be seeing more good things from them in the future!

Although, I hope that they don't forget about the side of the motorcycle industry that made them the $$ in order to develop that bike. I would hate to see KTM move away from a dirt and focus more on street. But at the same time I would love to see them wind up a major player in the street bike market, and I would probably buy one of these things if I wasn't so busy messing around with old 70's streetbikes. I hope they get it right the first time rather than having to endure the wrath of the magazines for things like "an ugly front fender" :silly: . But I do hope tht the seat foam is softer than the foam they use on their dirtbikes (ouch!)

I still think the best thing was after years of hearing that their 250 mx bikes had "Enduro Power" they drop the'03 sx motor on them and they cry that it was unrideable. I guess they didn't pay their advertising bill that month? :confused:

I can't wait to see if they develop an inline 4!
-Kurt

Last edited:

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
They've got a 990cc V-4 running on the dyno, it was gonna be their motogp motor til they decided not to race that class.

So what will they do with it now? I'd be sold if they put that thing into production. I wonder if their new DOHC 250f motor uses any of the same technology?

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Dang that is sweet. I've got a new Desktop background now.. Anybody want to buy a slightly used Gixxer 750?? Ahh, I still can't afford it.

Top Bottom