KTM recalls

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Yeah, thats fairly old news as a bunch of us started reporting the leakers and pop-off caps about a year ago to the CSPC. As a matter of fact, it was almost a year ago the case workers started interviewing us at our homes and taking pics of bikes and any burns/injuries...btw, I was the minor chem burn dude

You want to read the whole sorted mess, go over to KTMTalk and check out the threads on the leakers

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Cool.. well, wasn't sure as I don't recall seeing anything about the recall on here, and I don't frequent the KTMTalk site. Just saw that as I was looking up something else.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
FYI All the KTM owners who had the tank in question got new caps that seal and lock. So now we have a better quarter turn system.

Although I like riding my Suzukis, you will not get that type of follow up from most of the other manufacturers.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
FWIW, the 08 design has been pretty decent from the start. My 06 was also good up until the tank started to warp at the neck after the bike was about 6 months old. Then it was a mess. I ended up getting an IMS tank paid for by KTM North America...that is huge customer service from KTM North America.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…