Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Greetings,
Some of you know I have purchased a 96 KTM 360 exc last fall and was unable to ride it until just now. I finally was able to ride the St.Helen Loops and Leota loop (which was ok).
After getting a fresh pair of s-12's on her I got to take it for my first ride.
I cannot believe how well the bike works for me, and how fast it is in the wide open areas. This bike works well and I was able to handle her pretty well in all the terrain types. This is my first KTM after owning 2 kdx's, 1 97 cr 250, an 02 Rm 250. The suspension works well, and yeas I will get it redone, but for 800 bucks and new tires and host of a bunch of other minor stuff this bike has been great for me.
I rode great and the 360 did a great job for me.
I guess my only question is which KTM is next...or what compares..probably the 300.

I just had to share my first real ride of the year, 48 miles at Leota on sat and 32 at St Helen on sunday. Them s-12's are so awesome!
So what do you think? all my riding buddies that have kdx where impressed and said the bike looked thin, then they saw me on the trail...I know it is an older ktm, but it works for me!
I am just wondering how the newer ktms are...
I got to say that this bike is sometimes a pain to kick over but I am getting better at that. Next thing I am noticing is I am stalling sometimes when going into tight corners in the woords.
Just thought I would share my revalation with the ktm, to my surprise the suspension and the bike worked out great this weekend, and I didnt feel like the bike beat me up.
I am very pleased, but just wanted to share my new real ride experience with the KTM. I guess I got more out of the bike than I thought I would.
Thanks
Jim

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
I like the KTM's, they put alot of effort into a WOODS bike and I ride the woods. Last week I let a long time Yamaha rider borrow my sons 300EXC. He seemed to like it but had an alergic reaction the next day, so bad he had to see a doctor. Were all different. :laugh:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Jim, for the money you have into that bike, you are getting some HUGE bang for the buck!

to your question wondering about the newer ones - i used to have a 97 300. WOW..loved that bike it was amazing to me (was my first "modern" off road bike - my bike prior to it was an 83 Honda CR250). Then I got a 2000 300...WOW...amazing bike compared to the 97! (particularily after a suspension revalve. Then I got a 05 250..WOW amazing bike! But...dont forget WOW...you only spent $800! Actually, biggest diff. I see on my 05 - is it is dramatically less fatigueing for me to ride.

Have fun! enjoy that bargin of a super bike you have!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Glad the bike is working for you Jim. Get up here and ride again.

Good one TCT!!!!!!!! He went to the DR. again today, he said to check the KTM because you never know where its been.
Don

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Yeah, I have to go with KTM Mike on this. My '02 KTM 250 was great, then my '03 CR250 was great (after major bucks into it), but my '05 YZ250F and 450 EX/C are awesome. And I'm sure an '07 KTM will be more awesome yet.

Since you had your first ride, and it was awesome, why even think about the newer bikes? If it works for you, that's all that counts!

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Yeah it does work for me, and I have to tell you it is a nice feeling to be able to say it works. I look forward to seeing you all soon on the trail. Just had to say that the bike is great, and that I am a little geeked about the money I have invested and what great satisfaction I am getting from it having paid a hell of a lot more on bikes that where so so compared to my riding needs. I think the suspension is better than I anticipated and having all that power is like have a cross between 250 mxr and woods bike. I will post pic soon as I can.
Jim

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Here are 2 pics of her from the trip at Leota parking lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0066 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_0066 (600 x 450).jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0067 (600 x 450).jpg
    IMG_0067 (600 x 450).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 148

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
yeah the handguards are on order, they are arriving soon, I had to ride with out them, kinda crazy, but I got thru it. I want to get some more bling for the bike too.

Top Bottom