~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
any one else have any problems with theirs cracking

my bike is a year and a half old and i just recently have

noticed 2 cracks behind the pinch bolt

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
You probably over-tightened the bolt that holds the nut from turning. It just has to be snug. Many guys try to tightened it real tight and break the aluminum nut.

Bummer!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Now,... the problem of getting the new one back on, you can either send the shock to a shop to have it disassembled, or.....purchase a new nut and try this method; thread the pinch bolt into the nut backwards, forcing the spanner nut open enough to get it over the shock body, but you will take the chance of breaking the new nut.
RipnRol actually made a two piece spanner nut with two pinch bolts, do a search on his thread.

Guaryzzzpode

Feb 25, 2000
If you're going to have it apart to replace the ring, you should buy the 98 model locking rings (2 of them). That was the old system, always worked and never broke. Besides you can adjust preload in small increments and not just full turns like in the new model.

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Originally posted by agitt73
i done a search for ripnrol alll i found was rolling papers
and condoms

Yeah Shaw, thanks..agitt73 keep searching you may find a big wheel for your sx 65.
You can step up to a different class. :p

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
i took my spring off and the nut went right on no probs
all so i thought ripinroll was a company so i serched the
web not drn from the comment i got from ripinroll he must
be out of rolling papers and having a fit

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Hmmm,...only thing I can figure is the shock body on the 2-strokes are different than the 4 st's. The RFS nut will not fit over the shock body without some serious persuasion.

Sorry for the inaccurate info.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I'm with you Shaw, I opted to have my shock recharged and had the dealer tear it apart!!

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Probably too late for you guys but Moto-pro makes a cute little collar that prevents overtightening of the pinch bolt. FWIW.

Top Bottom