Jepson729

Dec 12, 2006
I have a 2007 KTM 125SX. My bike has maybe 7hrs on it. In a race last night I was going through a woops section when suddenly one of my forks blew fork oil right out of the top of the fork and all over me. When I got back to the pits I noticed that the right top fork end cap had unscrewed almost all the way out of the fork and their was oil every where. I have never seen or heard of this ever happening on any bike. I always let the air out of my focks before every ride. Now after tightening back down the end cap and letting the air back out of the fork oil still weaps out of the fork cap. I don't know why it would of done this and would this type of thing be under warranty? Is my fork just toast? Has anyone heard of this? What should I do?

Benny477

Aug 22, 2005
That should be covered by your dealer. A cap coming loose like that is really odd, your top tripleclamp would have to have been loose too for the cap to spin out.

ActiveRide

Apr 24, 2005
I have had that happen on a few ktm's I have worked on even applying proper torque. I put just a drop of loctite on the caps to prevent this now.

Top Bottom