Oct 20, 2007
hi ive just bought a ktm sx 125 06 and its not running good i no this because ive had the 04 model and had a go on my freinds 06 i went on it this morning and it dident seem to rev i had a look at the powervalve settings and they are the same as my freinds but i thouaght id change it anyway it made it a bit better but still not good, when the bike is neutral it doesnt rev up as fast as my freinds and doesnt sound as sharp and his bike is a standard 06 like mine just wondering if any ones has any ideas ? if you need any more information just post what you need to know.

cheers joe

Surfrider

Apr 9, 2007
i would start with your carbuerator. See if your friends jetting is the same as what you have, also check the clip position of the needle. If you are removing the carb, i would check the condition of the reed valves, because that would also give you very ****ty engine performance

rm85l

Dec 26, 2007
yes, it sounds as if you are running rich, try jetting, or maybe you can get away with needle position, this is definetly it.

Greg manton

Dec 26, 2007
on a new bike i once had a peice of my reid missing so when u pull the carb check it out. on a new bike a small leak will let the bike run but the throttle responce isnt there.

Top Bottom