Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
KTM at DirtWeek!

I have been working this for a while with the help of Mike Russo, Technical Director of KTM and DRN reader. Today I got the call from Brian Burtleson, SE Rep, that confirms KTM's involvement in DirtWeek 2003. Mike suggested bringing down a bunch of bikes for demo purposes so people interested in the Orange Thunder can actually throw a leg over one and try it out. Personally I think that would be GREAT PR for KTM and a great idea for DW. There are some other things that are being discussed but tentatively the plan is to have some demo bikes there. They are going to discuss it further this week at the KTM dealer show. As soon as the plan is fully in place I will let you know but right now you can count on KTM's presence at DW03!

I am hoping to have some other big news about some other things soon! :aj:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Now we're talking. Hoepfully they will get some good PR out of this after the fiasco with Cycle Hutt.

My faith in the BIG ORANGE is restored.

:thumb:

BTW Thanks Thump for all the work you do behind the scenes to pull off one of the best moto vacations in the counrty. I CANT WAIT.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Good work Thump :thumb:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Keep up the good work, David!

Kudo's to KTM!

:thumb:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Great news. I have a hankerin to try me one of them big ol thumpers :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thumbs up to Thump & Pokie: YAMAHA

Yamaha confirms! They'll be at DW with a big top and bikes... (hopefully the 04's will be available)

Thump and Pokie double teamed Yamaha corprate and scored!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Ride Blue!! :yeehaw:

Way to go guys!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Awesome work Thump!! :thumb:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Good work Thump! One of my ridding buddies grandson's (he's realy that old) was a KTM rider at the Dallas SX this year. He rode one of the little 50's and got to be a factory rider for a day. He said that they were a class act all the way and could not say enough good things about the people involved with that program. I'm glad to see that they are aboard.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Great news!!!

I know Lafferty will be in Texas the weekend before Dirt Week.  Maybe he will stop into Cooperland and do some trail riding with us mortals.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Originally posted by evenslower
Oh gosh, please don't let them take trade-ins.........

No Kidding! I've been fighting every urge I have to trade in my CRF for either a 450SX or a 450 EXC. I still buy all my accessories from a KTM/Kaw shop and would like to get back on one of their bikes. Only money right...... :p

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
"Watch out there is no telling how big this thing might get" :scream:

If you aint coming to this DW you gonna miss one bodaciuos time I go-ran-tee IIIYEEEE

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Awesome job David.

Bundy certainly can't be a fiddy rider, they just don't have enough mass to take down good sized trees. :)

They'll certainly be happy to see the Michigan crew as well as all the other off-road-guys (ie orange) :yeehaw:

Top Bottom