DangerDave

Mar 24, 2007
I've got a ktm250sx 2004, and the previous owners had only just run the resovoir for clutch fruid dry, so I bled that through and now I have a clutch, I can feel its working properly with the pressure, and then it gives when more is applied as it should. However, its as if im still on the biting point when I pull it in, i've tried adjusting it more, but it dosent help. When I do manage to get it into gear, it sits wanting to go, but I have the front brake on, and I can let the clutch out about an inch or so before it actually bites even more. I cant understand this - could it be my hydraulic system, or something else?

thanks in advance for any advice/help

Dave

macko00xj

Apr 2, 2007
it is very hard to bleed out a clutch, if the slave cylinder at the clutch went dry it will probable take a while to bleed it. try gravity bleeding, or find someone with a vacuum bleeder. you might have it adjusted wrong, but it seems to me that the clutch is bad. i had the problem of not getting it into gear when my clutch went bad. i recommend the barnett clutch comes with friction plates, pressure plates, and springs. there about $125.00 @ bikebandit

Top Bottom