KTM's 125's make the other co's look bad

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
Has anyone noticed that KTM's factory bikes have the best motors in the nationals? I only caught the 2nd 125 and 250 motos of the Spring creek race, and i noticed something Everyone on a KTM got the top positions off the holeshot, Langston and the other Factory KTM 125 rider, and ... i think... John Dowd on the 520 4 stroke in 250 class. That says something about KTM's amazing feat of having a motor stronger then any japanese company with a lot less experience. It also says something to the big budget Japanese companies, who have been building motocross motors for 2 to 3 times as long at KTM.

mikee88o

Aug 9, 2001
i baught a ktm 125 in dec.01 the bikes are friggin great but no contengency, parts are pretty rough on prices, and theres only like three dealers in the country dedicated to racers with parts in stock and all if they could change this i woud buy another one

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No doubt the KTM 125's are rockets this year. But:
"John Dowd on the 520 4 stroke in 250 class" .... duh! :silly: ?

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I heard their rear wheels arent so good though. I ll bet KTM dont let that happen again. I have had 3 people I know have trouble with their rear hubs breaking out. Is that what happened to Langston at Delmont.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
There isn't a factory bike out there with stock rims/wheels. I don't know what kind KTM uses, I would think some factory EXEL type, but I am sure it's not stock or available at your local dealer! Even the best stuff fails sometimes, bummer for Grant.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I heard that Grant may have had a little tangle at the start of moto 2 and soemones footpeg may have gotten in his wheel. The KTM 125 is a rocketship of a bike though. Grants Wheel The pic is quite large and may take a while to load. Its an Excel rim, but who knows about the spokes and hub.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
The 4-stroke limit in the 125 class is 250, but in 250 class the 4-stroke limit is 550!!!! Whoa there big fella.

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
550, i bet that rule was written before they had stuff like... technology
Seriously though, if Honda used the same ideas and technology but applied it to a 550cc design , with appropriate gearing, it would run away from the field ...no problem.

Top Bottom