Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx

April 3, 2003

Windham vs. Pastrana this Sunday in Texas?

Racer X has learned that there's a good chance that two superstars on the comeback trail - Kevin Windham and Travis Pastrana - might meet this weekend at the Texas Pro Race this Sunday at the highly acclaimed Cycle Ranch, right below San Antonio.

Team SoBe Suzuki's Pastrana has been practicing at Cycle Ranch all this week and is said to be looking very fast. He told Racer X last week that he hopes to return as soon as the Salt Lake City SX, on April 26. As for Windham, he has been warming up for his targeted May 11 return at the Glen Helen 250 National. Windham has been riding a Honda CRF450R but has yet to fully settle on the details of his sponsor and team, though he will be working with American Honda and Factory Connection, either directly or indirectly.

Regardless, if you live in Texas and want to see some very fast riders at a very big local race, head over to the Cycle Ranch this weekend, because you might be seeing Travis and K-Dub!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
No way!! Thats like more exciting than the current RC/Reed 2 man SX show if you ask me... cool :cool: I can't wait to read race reports and see some photos from some DRNers who make it out to Cycle Ranch!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
SHould be a good
race!! I was asked if i wanted too go w/my neighbor.. SHe is racing a crf450 #91 Doreen Paine, watch for her she's FAST!!

Keep us updated w/pics please :)
RIck

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx says RR will be there but didn't say anything about a Kawasaki

Reynard also in for Cycle Ranch race

Sunday's Texas Pro Race at Cycle Ranch keeps getting more interesting. Earlier this week we reported that Kevin Windham and Travis Pastrana were possibly set to line up on the gate for tomorrow's big race. While there is still no official word on K-Dub, Pastrana and his riding buddy Robbie Reynard are confirmed for tomorrow's action. So if you can, try to make it out to Cycle Ranch (which is just below San Antonion) tomorrow.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
racerx says RR will be there but didn't say anything about a Kawasaki

it's been common knowledge around here that he is on kawies again. i think i even posted it awhile back. i wouldn't be at all surprised to see reynard beat both of them.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
This weekend was the 4-stroke nationals there, what was TP riding? Kdub is at least on a 4-stroke.

Well, it should be over. What happened?

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
According to David Bailey's website, Reynard won 2 out of 3 motos. He was leading the 3rd when his bike broke, handing over the win to Pastrana.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
this was on racerx:

As we mentioned here last week, Team SoBe Suzuki's Travis Pastrana and his close friend Robbie Reynard made a joint return to competition this Sunday at the Cycle Ranch below San Antonio, Texas. Pastrana has been out since the second round of the 2003 THQ/AMA Supercross Series with injuries, and he used the Cycle Ranch race to get back into the racing mode. Same goes for the Kawasaki-mounted Reynard, who has not raced since last summer.

According to some race-watchers on hand, Pastrana rode cautiously but looked pretty good, even though he pulled out of the first two of three motos. But Reynard looked great in the first two heats, then blew a motor up in the third heat while dicing with Travis.

White Brothers/Shift Racing/Honda rider Paul Carpenter won the big four-stroke race, which also went off yesterday at Cycle Ranch; Racer X will have complete results later today.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
word is windham was a no-show

Really! --his cow Sally must have had a rough bowel movement or something.... :silly:

And do you think DeCoster knew about this one before he saw pics on the net? :laugh:

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I'm told that K-Dub was practicing at a local Houston track (3 Palms Extreme), yesterday. Those in attendance said he looked fast and smooth. Running 45 minute motos.

Top Bottom