Jeremy_E

Mar 28, 2005
Anyone have any suggestions for handlebars on a 2005 KX100? My girlfriend rides one and she's about 5'4" tall. The stock bars have a lot of rise in them and I don't know if they need it or not. We are going to Pro-tapers and just want to make sure we get a good bend. I don't know if we should stick with something close to stock or go for a more standard bend bar. I would really appreciate some suggestions so we don't make a bad decision. Thanks.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Jeremy bars are a very personal choice. I guess you just need to figure where she is comfortable.
My son who is over 6 ft tall uses mini bars on his YZ250F because he likes the way his shoulders line up with his hands and also feels there is less chance of snagging other bikes bars in starts or tight corners

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Bars certainly are very much up to personal perference. However, if she doesnt have the experence to have a strong preference, I would stick with a stock (mini high) bend. Lower bars can make it feel quite cramped and might make it harder to ride standing up.

I like mini bars, have them on the KX100 and my CR250R. Perfect for woods riding.

Top Bottom