Feb 25, 2001
If you have seen Crusyt's demons of dirt 3 the part where the jump the Z50's thats basically what I was doing. The bike is used mostly for a pitbike at the races. I love the bike so far. Its a 110 CC bike but not quite as powerfull as a XR100 I dont know why but I would like to find out how to find that extra power that they put so many restricters on this bike. Should I take that throttle stop screw out of the throttle mount on the handle bar ? the bike came with 2 other longer screws to limit throttle usage I was wondering if even the smaller one which is on the bike when I got it will restrict the throttle or if it has no restriction at all and is there for no reason.

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
Xr100

I just happen to have a 2002 XR100, & my kids KLX110 is alot faster, the only thing we have done is remove the Throttle screw. We got to ride a few miles on the highway near the Hatfield & Mcoy trail system, and the KLX could easily pull the XRon take off & seemed to have more top speed, but we didn't push the top speed to much, since my son is only 7. I figured it was mostly because I weight 190 & my son weight in at about 55-60.

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
OK

I havn't thrown mine away in mid air, but the 7 year old has laid it down a few times with nothing broken YET. The water problem is the only issue we have had so far, the silicone spray seems to have helped a great deal, I now believe it was a sealing issue around the spark plug. As it will only barely cough after crossing deep water now. So maybe it will be Ok. Its a Fantastic little bike, whenever someone puts one together with great suspension, they will sell every unit they build. maybe a YZF150 ?? come on yamaha.

sharp7277

Mar 12, 2002
I was thinking of getting one for my son. I just bought him a newer RM 80 and he cant touch the ground. By the look in his eyes when I ride it hes a little scared of it .When we were at the dealership getting some plugs the other day he sat on the klx 110 and it fit perfect. How much did you pay for it? I didnt have a chance to ask the salesman. How does it handle in the soft stuff? His biggest complaint about his PW 50 is that the sand seems to suck him in and the bike isnt powerful enough to get him out. We have alot of hard terrain that switches to soft in alot.

Feb 25, 2001
dont even worry about sand this thing slings mud with the best of em...the only thing I dont like it cuz it dosent have the clutch it dosent have that direct power....you can sit in a patch of mud with the front brake on and hammer the gas and it will take atleast 20 seconds before the tire spins because of the auto clutch....but that can be good for a youngin. So far havent broke anything have bent the shifter, cracked the rear fender from bottoming out so hard that the rear fender slapped into the muffler making a crack on the fender....Other day I was railing a berm on the bmx track and the peg caught a root again...that wasent fun that hurt. Anywho so far the biggest double we do with it is 18 feet and the other doubles that we do jump on the rythm section on our bmx track is 14 feet and many times I have overjumped a few and had to have gone atleast 20+ feet. Sometime I will post air photos !

Top Bottom