yzpowerband

Feb 11, 2007
I just bought this 04 kx 125, and it runs great, but i was riding it and it fauled with a ngk br8es plug in it, then i noticed that wasn't the stock plug, so i bought a ngk R6918b-9 and put it in, fired up in my yard,it ran mint, then when i went to the riding spot.. it fauled and kept fauling it.. I was told that you have to keep the 125 pinned most of the time. I was keeping it pinned most of the time, do i have to lean something out or i dont know.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Sounds like it may be a touch rich..

You'd be best served buying a manual for it and reading up on jetting on here...

Do a search for jetting. It'll turn up more than you can handle. Also, look for Rich's Plug Reading 101 on here, its worth it's weight in gold.

You don't have to keep a 125 pinned all the time to not foul plugs, but you should be riding it like the cops are chasin you. Otherwise, trade it in for a CRF F and go trail riding.

yzpowerband

Feb 11, 2007
Haha i agree, i think im going to look into buying smaller main and pilot jets. and hell ya gotta keep the 125 screaming.. Also , the stock plug i bought was 40 dollars. like word, thats alot of money... Is there any other plugs that would work just as well?, or is it that expensive because of certain electricity properties.?

thank you for the feedback . greatly appreciated.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
yzpowerband said:
Haha i agree, i think im going to look into buying smaller main and pilot jets. and hell ya gotta keep the 125 screaming.. Also , the stock plug i bought was 40 dollars. like word, thats alot of money... Is there any other plugs that would work just as well?, or is it that expensive because of certain electricity properties.?

thank you for the feedback . greatly appreciated.

Hmmm.. 40 bucks, you got robbed dude...

The BR-ES or BR-EG plugs will work just fine in that bike.

the CR125 manual recommends BR9EG... but I run the BR9ES because it's a bit cheaper.

I get them at the auto parts store for about 2.50 each.

yzpowerband

Feb 11, 2007
I have Br8es and they faul pretty fast. Do you think its the jetting? Im taking it to this shop and having them tune it.. I dont wanna **** with **** and have it end up being the wrong thing....... Professionally tuned is what i want.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Most likely it's the jetting.

Jetting is pretty easy if you do your homework.

Just don't make wild ass changes all at once. Make small changes.. And one change at a time.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
yzpowerband said:
I have Br8es and they faul pretty fast. Do you think its the jetting? Im taking it to this shop and having them tune it.. I dont wanna **** with **** and have it end up being the wrong thing....... Professionally tuned is what i want.

In my experience Kawasakis need the eix plug or they will foul out.

Also, for the 125 you should be running the ngk br9eix plug.

After you get the br9eix plug then go out and check the jetting. You may still need to adjust it.

yzpowerband

Feb 11, 2007
Im going to buy that plug( how much $?) today and see how things go, if it fauls out again, you think i will need a smaller main jet and pilot ?

thank you all for giving me feedback.

yzpowerband

Feb 11, 2007
I bought the br9eix today ( which was $6.99 rather than $40 ) , fired it up in my yard and rode around a couple laps, and checked the plug, which was mint looking, no oil residue. Then i let it idle for a lil while and checked the plug, and it looked like it was about to faul. Is this a result of the idle, or too rich of a jetting?

Thank you for feedback

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
Dude...do a search on this forum for "jetting". You will find the answers you are looking for. There is no magic plug that will fix it for you. Go back and re-read the first post made by "IndyYZ85".

Top Bottom