Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
hey. ive had my 03 kx 125 for about 8 months now or so, and in the beginning, I was fouling plugs like crazy, no matter how hard I was riding it. A buddy of mine made some minor adjustments to the carb (Jet Needle clip position up one leaner, and went with one other adjustment I am not sure of, but I am wondering what people here are running in theirs so i know where to start with when experimenting.

I plan to rejet the bike for the spring soon, because I am only getting a couple of rides (maybe 6 or 7) out of each plug before it fouls. I pull it out even after letting it idle and its soaked in oil. There is also a little bit of spooge out the mufflr. it doesent drip down, but i notice some black spots on the swingarm and brake caliper a lot.

so im just curious what kind of reccomendations do you guys have so I have a good idea of where to start with jetting. thanks.

Also, is Bel Ray H1R good oil to run with the kx, or not?

thanks a lot in advance guys :yeehaw:

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
In my 02 KX the jetting seemed pretty close. Right now I've got the carb with one size smaller main jet everything else stock. I had two sizes smaller main and one notch leaner before which was OK in hot weather but way lean in cooler weather. I have had alot of spooging, but not much of a problem with fouling plugs, go figure LOL!

Top Bottom