kx 125 shock is soft.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
i bought a 1998 kx 125. someone had the suspension done for a 120 pound rider. i can push down on the shock and it is very soft. how do i stiffen the rear shock? does it have to do with my rebound or compression damping( i think thats what its called, i cant remember).

also, what will the lock nuts on the shock absober do? what i messed with that, will that just increase the height or what?
thanks for all the help.

-mike.

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
They most likley changed the spring if its that soft or the shock needs to be rebuilt. Go to the MX-Tech site under support and the tuning guide, it will help you in the set-up.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
ok, thank you. what are some signs of a shock needing to be rebuilt?

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
Any sign of leaking around the shaft or if it has not been done for a year or so depending on the amount of ride time, the oil gets contaminated rather quickly.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
he didnt ride the bike for a really long time. i just know he was a really light kid. i mean i can push the rear down easily. i can get it all the way to the bottom but it is just soft. i just want to stiffen it up. its way to soft for whoops and jumping.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…