BJames

Jun 16, 2010
I just bought a 2000 kx 250. The bike seems in really good condition, with a few small (I think) issues. One I didn't notice when I bought it, the bolt hole in the frame where the brake pedal goes is stripped. I realized it when the brake pedal was very loose. I tried to tighten, and it just kept going..ugh.

Does anyone happen to know the thread on that bolt? I'm thinking it's maybe M12 - 1.75.

So, my ideas are:

1. replace the whole frame (I don't want to go this route for obvious reasons, and otherwise the frame is in great shape)
2. Drill out the hole, and weld in a nut, maybe two.
3. Weld the bolt tip to the frame (seems like a cheesy solution, but would probably work)

I'm leaning towards welding on a nut.

Any comments?

BJames

Jun 16, 2010
That might be a good idea. I have a motorcyle mechanic friend, that usually helps me with my bikes. I'll take it over to his place and see if he thinks that would be a good idea.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
BJames said:
That might be a good idea. I have a motorcyle mechanic friend, that usually helps me with my bikes. I'll take it over to his place and see if he thinks that would be a good idea.

Worked every time I have tried it.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Its the fear of finding exactly what else has been neglected, abused or just a really bad idea to begin with. On top of the seemingly better idea of just changing frames.

Top Bottom