kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
I got my new kx250f yesterday, I love it....But i am keeping my KDX 200 for the National enduros next year, and racing the kx 250 F in the GNCC's next year....Just thogut id give the new thumper a try, and if i dont like it it's back to the KDX

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Yes, I'd like to hear your thoughts as well. Let us know what mods on on your KDX too.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
me know how much fun changing the oil filter and plug is! The one piece cover is a major flaw for a 2004 bike.

Not to burst your bubble, but the bikes have proven not so reliable so far. Watch the US open if you get a chance. They DNF'd. Just one honda CRF and all the YZFs in the 125 class made the 2 day finish

JCV 220R

Oct 13, 1999
A good riding bud of mine bought the kxf recently. I've had a 2003 yz250f which was awesome but I like the kx better. We've been out riding together several times and his bike seems bombproof and very reliable. It starts even better than my yzf did, it has more low end rip and it handles better in the tight stuff. I'm riding a 2004 KTM 200exc right now but if I was to buy a thumper tomorrow it would be the kxf - sweet bike, period.

BTW - my bud and I used to ride KDX's hardcore also.

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
Good to here from you JCV. Dont be a stranger.
I saw a kx250f saturday and it was rippin. Now , the rider was very good
and here was floggin the hell out of it, but it didnt miss a beat. Impressive.
It started too!!
Steve

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I don't suppose it has a button to start it ???

Anecdotally, I know of a local hotrodder that has 'moved' from a crf450 to a ktm125 to a kx250 within the space of a year. He just bought one of the new 250's. Says it has more power than you'll ever need and feels great.

.....the 2-smoke ban looms on the horizon.......... :(

Last edited:

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
Ok now that I have had the bike for almost a week and been out on it every day i'll let you all know what i think. First off my ridding skills i raced the 200B class in the GNCC's and National Hair Scrambles on my KDX 200 this year. All the mods the KDX had were FCR suspension revalve and respring for ym weight. Dyno Port pipe and silincer, Works Connection radiator braces, and Pro tpaer bars, and mounts. Also removed the air box cover, and relocated the CDI....Not too many mods on the bike, but i love it. Ok on to what i think of the KX250F.

The new bike is real smotth all through the power range. It also doesn not have much at all of the dreded enging braking. Bottem end is alot lower then the KDX, but you can't lug the bike down as far as the KDX, although you can lug it mighty low. The suspension out of the box is a little stiff int he front end for the woods, but on the MX track it is great.

The new thumper turns better then any KX i have ever ridden, and with the power delivery and turing i can carve the woods up better then on my KDX, the KDX is still better in the 1st gear real nast sections.

In conclusion I am alot faster on the KX250F, and well be on it at all of the GNCC's and NHS this year in the 4stroke B class, and the KDX is still going to be inthe garage for the NAtional Enduros, I feel it is a better mount for the enduros...........After i get some more set time i'll give u an extended ride review.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Sounds awsome. I wonder if you can put KX forks on it and if it would make a difference. I just figured the KXF had the same forks as the KX125.

tbrooks

Jan 2, 2002
it does have the same forks just a little different valving and springs. I have ridden a friends and will wait for the 450 (I race A open) wat to compare the two. the yz250f has no top end speed! only about 55 or 60mph don't know about the kxf, don't like to ride friends bikes hard.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
KX693, this is off topic, but can you please tell me about that Dynoport pipe. Is is there bottom end pipe? I'm torn between it and FMF's woods pipe, and it's hard to find anyone that has experience with the DP. Good tractable power down low? Thanks for the help. mnnthbx@hotmail.com

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
yea no problem, I actually have a mid pipe and a bottem pipe. I run the mid pipe at the GNCC's, but i run the bottem when im trail ridding (and when i trail ride it is more trail bashing than anything and i ride with some of the GNCC pros)...I have run the FMF and i like the DP better, it is real smooth, I also like the finish of the DP and they hold up really well, even better the the FMF gnarlys i have run.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by kx_693
yea no problem, I actually have a mid pipe and a bottem pipe. I run the mid pipe at the GNCC's, but i run the bottem when im trail ridding (and when i trail ride it is more trail bashing than anything and i ride with some of the GNCC pros)...I have run the FMF and i like the DP better, it is real smooth, I also like the finish of the DP and they hold up really well, even better the the FMF gnarlys i have run.

Kx_693,

I've got one question about the DP pipes too. What do you do for a pipe guard or do you not use one?

Best,
Greg

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
I dont use one, I have used the moose ones, just the cheap aluminum ones, that bend around to fit any pipe. Im not sure if e-line makes a guard for the DP or not.

Top Bottom