KX 310 cylinder plating

KX'er

Oct 12, 2000
Hey, I got my cylinder back from Eric a few weeks ago and am just waiting for payday to get the piston/rings and a new subframe.

Quick question: Just out of curiosity, what kind of plating is used where Eric sends the cylinders to be bored and re-plated? Just wondering 'cause I remember that stock it had a shiney finish and now it is dull with hone marks and I figure that they use an entirely different process than Kawasaki. Is this plating going to be stronger than the stock Kawi plating?

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting it all back together. She's been down for about 6 months...

KX'er

Oct 12, 2000
Hey Senior,
What porting job did you have done on yours?

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
the reason your looked shiny is because of the wear. Any cylinder should be lightly honed upon rebuild.

dix

Nov 24, 2001
Just got my 310 back together, and I can't wait to feel the difference. Probably won't be able to ride for some time though. Let me know what kinda difference it made. I got the mo everywhere porting also. I'm hoping it scares the hell out of me!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…