mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Guy brought by a KX80 1996. Something came up from the bottom end and chewed the top of the piston up pretty good.
Trouble is it's a wiseco piston 52mm can't read any #'s off the piston. The book only shows a 51mm, called wiseco they have yet to determine what it might be. Does anybody know what piston may have been installed? I am thinking it may be a 52mm piston for another brand bike but what?

Last edited:

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
Im not sure what you mean? Why would it be from another brand bike? Maybe the kx is bored .40 over, which would require a 52mm piston kit.

And i'd be looking at the crank and intake of that bike, powervalves to if it has them. :cool:

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
According to wiseco catalog a standard bore is 48mm. It has a wiseco 52mm piston in it now.
But wiseco don't make a 52mm piston for a KX80. I'm just trying to figure out what piston somebody has matched up to it. Oh yeah it's got big problems down deep but he just asked me to help fine a piston. He's just trying not to buy a cylinder or have it sleeved.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
i was looking in the wiseco catalog and they have 52mm piston for ktm 105 supermini,
a old rm 100 also have it,yamaha dt 100 and yz 100 76-83
that´s what i found...

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
mideastrider said:
According to wiseco catalog a standard bore is 48mm. It has a wiseco 52mm piston in it now.
But wiseco don't make a 52mm piston for a KX80. I'm just trying to figure out what piston somebody has matched up to it. Oh yeah it's got big problems down deep but he just asked me to help fine a piston. He's just trying not to buy a cylinder or have it sleeved.

Oh ok, lol, I thought you meant it was 51mm stock, and now has 52mm piston. duh...im an idiot. :coocoo:

Is it the stock cylinder and all?
Tough man, cant read the numbers, bummer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom