dez nut

Oct 9, 2005
My son has outgrown his KX 65. The next logical step would be the KX 85 but I'm considering the KX 100. I can put a lowering link on it and the seat height would be slightly less than the 85. The 100 also has bigger wheels that would work better in the desert, where we do about 80 % of our riding (20 % MX). I'm guessing the 100 might have more low end (but probably more "hit" too). It would last us oonger as he grows and I think the larger wheels would be a big advantage.
Anybody have any opinions on this ? Anybody have any expoerience with the KX 85 and/or KX 100 ?
By the way, I'm leaning toward the KX because the Honda and the Yamaha are supposed to hit alot harder at the mid and upper range and have less low end.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
dez nut said:
The 100 also has bigger wheels that would work better in the desert, where we do about 80 % of our riding (20 % MX). I'm guessing the 100 might have more low end (but probably more "hit" too). It would last us oonger as he grows and I think the larger wheels would be a big advantage.
Sounds like you already know the answer. The 100 is basically an 85 with a bigger jug and wheels. The hit is supposedly worse on the 85 because the smaller engine has less bottom end.

Top Bottom