[KX] Bike Not Shifting Up Sometimes

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
Hey, just thought I would see if anyone has any ideas on my little problem here. My bike is a 01 KX250. When I am riding and shifting from second to third and third to fourth. Sometimes if won't shift up and I have to let out the clutch and try again. There must be a problem because this just started to do this last week. My oil is still good. I AM pulling moving hte shifter the whole way up but it still doesn't engage the next gear. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or ideas on what is wrong?

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
Try a couple diffrent brands or types of oil. Had the same problem on my 03 KDX and diffrent oil fixed it. No names this is about shifting not oil, kind of.

VB Racing

~SPONSOR~
Jan 26, 2004
When ever my bike starts shifting hard and false nuetraling , I change the gear box oil. that seems to fix it. Also make sure the clutch is adjusted properly.(if you are using it).

Agie rider 76

Apr 9, 2005
this might seem dumb, but I did it myself.
I moved my gearlever up a spline on the shaft because of a change in boots, and then found i couldn't shift up sometimes. it was like the 3rd time I ever rode my bike,
I bought it second hand, and was convinced that the gearbox was stuffed.
the lever was hitting the engine case. lol

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom