Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
I just pulled off my cylinder off my kx. I found a "Welding Service" that fixes scars and different types of cylinder damage. Wondering if this is a viable option, Since they offer this at 50 bucks and up. This is obviously my cheapest option. Just never heard of that before.

http://www.madmanengineering.com/cylinderrepair.htm

" WELDING REPAIRS
We repair damage like deep gouges from piston ring breakage, bearing explosions, detonation, broken bridges, smashed ports and cracked o-ring grooves. $50.00 + "

Or is this only for non-nikasil cylinders.

and

is my new cheapest option to have it bored and replated, becuase i know that having it resleeved is the most expensive. i'm not about to try and resleeve myself.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Do you have any pics? Also look in my gallery....I have pics of a gouged cylinder.

Crazy4nitro

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
I'm running mine as is..if anything happens then Eric Gorr will clean up my mess..

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Badgadjit1 said:
the bike has no compression which is what led me to pull off the cyl and discovered the cylinder wall..

Rats....

Mine felt/feels normal..

Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
Does anyone know if an 1989 KX 125 Cylinder would fit on a 1986 Case? Shot in the dark but its on e-bay, if it will it'll save me lots of $$

Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
i recently was told that 87 and older kx 125 cylinders where not nickel plated....it was my understadning that they where. Is this true? and does it matter if it isn't? can i still bolt on the cyl and run it without problems?

Top Bottom