KX/KDX hybrid pipe question. Any KDX'er with a pipe will know

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
Does the PC2 pipe have more clearance between the pipe and the frame where it bends right out of the exhaust port? Maybe the FMF?

I am looking for a pipe that once installed is further away from the down tube. The reason is becasue with the KDX motor in the KX frame, the stock pipe is too tight and touches the downtube before it fully seats in th exhaust port.

The pipe comes out of the exhaust port and the bends to the left around a down tube. the stock KDX pipe touches teh KX frame that down tube and does not seat fully in the exhaust port. So I need a pipe with a longer section before it bends.

I can weld a section on I know but I figured aftermarket pipes may be a bit longer.

You will know if your aftermarket pipe on your KDX is further from the frame down tube than the stock pipe was. If you are not sure, post a pic of the area, I can compare it to the stock pipe down tube clearance.

"REV"

Uhhh...
Mar 5, 2007
I took a look at mine, digi camera not working but i have a "REV" pipe and I installed it last week, looks about the same to me :(

You could try adding a spacer between the pipe and cylinder, it will give a little room.

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
KDX PC pipe question

I want to use the PC plat pipes for my KX/KDX conversion. Since they are plated denting them for clearance may be a problem.

On a KDX, does the PC pipe offer more, less or the same clearance to the radiator and frame than the stock pipe did?

There ma be a dfference between the PC plat and PC Plat 2 pipe(since one is rev and one is torque) so if you have some insight, which pipe do you speak of?

Thanks.

blackduc98

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Dec 19, 2005
I don't have a PC pipe so I can't give you the answer (sorry) but I would suggest that you contact PC technical support, explain what you're doing, and ask them to send you dimensional drawings of their pipe. If you ask nicely, manufacturers are usually willing to help.

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
I welded in a 7mm extension and left the head tube o-rings in the head where they belong. Then I dented the pipe to clear the radiator. Whalla, stock KDX pipe fits the 99-02 KX125 frame.

Top Bottom