andy johnson

Nov 24, 2008
hello people !! here's my problem ,ive built and run one of these for a few months now, kx125 2004 with kdx 200 89 engine im having an issue with power , too much !it go'es like f**k. so ive taken out the v force reed block and carb inlet spacer and im happy with the power now, apart from a few issues with the jetting which have must been there with the other bits added on ,just didnt notice.
i dont have a workshop manual to check the std jetting against , mine at the moment is 48 pilot 158 main 72 needle on middle clip position.
im finding when riding the bike if i snap the throttle open just after idle its not very responsive but when it hits the power band if flies! the mods are obviously a kx air filter and airbox
an fmf gnarly, with the latter part of the pipe(the stinger) slightly lengthened to fit the kx and a std kdx silencer (no spark arrester, straight through)
after a race on sunday i checked my plug which showed that the bike is running rich , dark to almost black , not chocalote brown as should be.
any ideas as to where i satrt ?
cheers andy
oh, im in the uk so the bike is a european model , if it makes a difference.

Top Bottom