KDXdog

May 4, 2005
I swaped out my long steel kdx lever for a nice small, lightwieght aluminum KX lever like the one featured on the canadian dave web site. Looked and worked great, BUT the new, shorter position made me slam the side of my arch into the footpeg when starting. After an entire day of this, even with boots, my arch was sore as hell, so the long kdx is going back on. Just thought i should pass it along, has anyone else had bad luck with this?

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
At first I too had issues with the shorty lever. I chewed the heck out of my Tech 8's on IMS pegs. I learned real quick to kick the lever with more of a straight foot over lever. Now I think its one of the best mods I have ever done to my KDX.

KDXdog

May 4, 2005
The event was a 50 mile turkey run, lot's of stopping and waiting for others. Re-starting in mud, steep hills, etc. Not kicking harder than usual, but after the inital "injury", the repetition was like getting punched in the same place time after time. The shorter lever puts your foot in a different place than the long. I have a size 8 boot, maybe a larger/smaller boot doesn't line up the peg perfectly with the center of the arch. I'm not complaining about the tips in this site, just sharing my experience.

Top Bottom