yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Hey guys,
Well I told this guy that doesn't know how to rebuild a top end, that I'd do it for him before thanksgiving weekend. He has an 86 KX 125, I ride Yz's so I've never had to deal with a complex powervalve system, what should I be expecting?, All I have to do is disconnect the powervalve from the crankcase, but I'm not sure where that connection is, from the looks of schematics, it looks like the valve actuators come up through the cylinder by the studs, is that correct? If any of you have experience please let me know how to do this. The guy said he was riding, then his bike died and has little compression now, I am thinking the ring seized in the groove, do you guys agree? Well wish me luck.
Thanks in advance
Jeff

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Looks to me like you should be able to take off the right side cover and have access to the power valve actuator lever. There may just be a small bolt where the vertical rod connects to the horizontal rod. Hopefully you can disconnect it there and be able to pull off the top end. I'm more used to KTM's, in which the actuator lever kind of snaps in place and is held by a tiny little pin. The Kawasakis do it a little differently, but the concept is similar.

Oh, one thing to remember that I tend to forget...when replacing the gasket at the actuator cover, put the gasket in place before you re-connect the power valve actuator rod. Hope this helps...good luck!

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Thanks Kattomer, I appreciate it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom